Saturday 14 December 2013

excuse me miss, theres a minion in your fridge!

hey everyone, i know this is late but, I've been in a cake coma. 
nuff said!

it took 3 days to make, it was so challenging and time consuming, i almost gave up,
almost, but i didn't.
i know you wanna see it so here it is!


it in no way looks professional, its covered in lumps and bumps, the cake board's fondant covering crumbled off a little, but it was made by the family,
so that makes it amazing in my opinion, also this was my first time ever making anything like this. 
the most I've done is a basic sponge. 
i didn't watch a how-to, although i know theres a few dotted about the Internet,
i think its pretty awesome for a free hand cake thing!

basically, this is four layers of cake mix bags,
covered in vanilla butter cream. 
fondant made with plain white fondant from shops,
coloured with gel food colouring. 


on request, our minion doesn't have a goggle. it did have but, wasn't like so i had to remove it. 
that's why theres black around the eye area.
the D on the pocket is instead of G for gru.
my little brother really liked it, as did my tummy!
we still have way more than half a cake left. 
this serves so much. I'd say maybe 30+ depending how big you cut it!

click here to watch a how-to if your interested on trying it out too!

id love to know your opinion on it, is it good or bad? 
 also happy birthday to my little brother who turned 12!
kisses xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.