Friday 17 May 2013

how i maintain my blonde hair

a little while back i died my hair "baby ash blonde" i  think the colour was, and i noticed the other day that my hair was getting really bassy and had lots of almost orange patches running throughout. This is where people that are pretty unware about hair care would run out and buy another bottle of hair die and think problem solved, the reason i say this is because i am very guilty of doing this for so many years. Until my hairdresser told me all i needed was a bottle of toner. for a while i used something called "silver shampoo", for a while it worked fine but after about a month or two of using it the effects wore off and my hair got used to it. Recently i bought a new product that works amzingy so i thought id share what i do.


provoke- touch of silver- daily nourish conditioner £2.09 from boots

colour restore- iced platinum hair toner- £11.99 from boots

 
perfectly pure coconut oil- £15.99 from holland and barret

first i wet my hair and apply a equal amount of my colour restore toner all over my head, i leave it to sit for around two hours. After that i rinse out the product and apply some of the touch of silver conditioner and let that sit just for a couple of minutes and then rinse that out as normal. This never fails to give me gorgeous blonde hair every time, and for a bit of extra care i love to add a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of my hair, and i often find that if you apply coconut oil to your whole head and let it sit it lightens the hair, but maybe thats just me? i hope you enjoyed and i'll be back soon! kisses xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice! I am a brunette but a lot of my blonde friends always ask the best products to use for their hair.

    Michelle
    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.